Ex-UFC champ Conor McGregor wraps New York disorderly conduct case
Conor McGregor has formally wrapped up his criminal case in New York.
McGregor’s attorney, Bruce Maffeo, presented proof that the ex-champ fulfilled the terms of a plea agreement during a status conference today in Kings County Supreme Court in Brooklyn, N.Y.
The former two-division UFC champ will not carry a criminal record from a disorderly conduct charge he pleaded guilty to this past July, and there are no more court dates pending for the champ in New York, Brooklyn DA spokesperson Helen Peterson told MMA Junkie.
The status conference was not overseen by a judge, and Peterson said neither the defense nor prosecution brought up McGregor’s pending criminal case in Miami. As MMA Junkie earlier reported, the prosecutor’s office and judge assigned to the case had discretion over whether or not the strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief case would be broached.
McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) reportedly was ordered to stay out of trouble for one year during his plea hearing, and the Miami case could be considered a violation with a maximum jail sentence of 15 days.
McGregor copped a plea this past July to avoid jail time for his infamous bus attack prior to UFC 223. He performed community service at a pair of churches and completed an anger management program in addition to paying restitution to the victims of his attack, which include UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg. Chiesa is currently suing McGregor in civil court.
On April 10, McGregor is due back in a Miami court to be arraigned on possible charges of strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief for allegedly stealing and destroying a fan’s cell phone earlier this month. He is also being sued in civil court by the fan, who claims McGregor tricked him into a handshake and then punched the cell phone to the ground. McGregor allegedly stomped on the device before making off with it.
Click here to read the full article on MMA Junkie.